Saturday, November 9, 2013

"Running" Requires Waiting

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. 
Isaiah 40:31

Running the race is not always what we would expect.  Sometimes running requires us to wait.  My whole life I have spent running a race, but I am forced to think of all the times I have been on the wrong course.  Sometimes I can get so caught up in my every day activities that I run too far ahead of God and I get off the course that He has set before me.  I rush through my day focused on my tasks never slowing down to ask Him what he wants for my day or where He wants me to go.

To many, the waiting seems as if we are being lazy.  To many, if there is any downtime in our day we are scrambling to fill it with something.  We find a spot to fit one more activity or throw in one more load of laundry.  Waiting is active when we are waiting on God!  It is sometimes one of the hardest things to do and it requires discipline and totally giving up our will.  It isn't easy to put our schedule on hold.  When we have a list of a million things to do in our day, it takes will power and training to put that list to the side and wait on God to move us.

We have to be willing to change our plans and we have to be close enough to God to hear Him change those plans.  These last few days I have had to make a conscious effort to offer my day up to God.  I tell Him the things I would like to accomplish but ultimately I tell Him to put me where He needs me. It's not easy!  I have a house full of mess and a friend calls and wants to talk, I have an empty refrigerator and God is telling me to sit with Him a while.  I have to learn to be content with the day God sets before me.  I have had to train myself to be in tune with His voice so that I know when He is speaking and setting me off on a different path.  If my mind is so focused on my will and my plans then I won't see His detours and I will miss out on His will for my day.  I will miss out on His blessings!

If you are tired of "running" the race in front of you try waiting on God.  Train yourself to wait on Him........listen for His voice and have the will power to get off the course that you have set and take a detour.......He will renew your strength, you will run and not grow weary, you will walk and not faint.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!