Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Way Out


Once we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior and we devote our lives to Him.  The power we receive from God and the abilities we have through the Holy Spirit are everything we need to conquer life’s problems.  

Now you have every spiritual gift you need as you eagerly wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He will keep you strong right up to the end, and He will keep you free from all blame on the great day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns.  God will surely do this for you, for He always does just what He says, and He is the one who invited you into this wonderful friendship with His son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 
1 Corinthians 1:7-9

God made us to have a choice.  He will never make us do anything we aren’t willing to do and He will never force His opinion on us.  Yes, if we are listening and willing to hear, He will advise us and try to sway our opinion or decision but He will never make us do something one way or the other.  I, on the other hand, have a very hard time giving my children that much choice.  When faced with decision between right and wrong, I try my hardest to sway their opinions or get them to do things the way I would.  I will do all that I can to make choices for them and of course if they don’t pick my way and things turn out bad I am shamelessly available to remind them of our discussions and of the choice I told them to make.  Oh it sounds so ugly when I put it into words........yes, something God has recently laid on my heart to work on as a mom.  Anyway, I think you all know where I am going with this.  God will give us suggestions and, in fact, He has given us a beautiful book to follow.  But, He will never make us choose His way and unlike me, He will always help us find a way out of our mess instead of rubbing it in our faces.

God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 
1 Corinthians 10:13

In college I made some choices that I knew were not godly and I made compromises in my faith.  I found every excuse and reason to try and justify my choices and tell myself that the things I was doing were fine and, in fact, accepted by God.  Looking back on some of the things I had convinced myself of, I just cringe.  Satan had a stronghold on me and at the time I had no intentions of freeing myself of him.  I know God was there along side me whispering guidance into my ear but I was unwilling to listen.  All along He was available to help me break free of my sin but I didn’t think I needed Him.  Then one beautiful day He provided me with a way out.  He never gave up on me and He stood along side me and helped me to endure.  He never rubbed it into my face.  

Our God is faithful and whatever you are facing today, whether it’s a trial that you had no part in choosing for your life, or if it is sin that you are choosing, God knows how to rescue godly people from their trials (2 Peter 2:9).  Let God show you the way out.  He is right there providing a way for you to endure and with Him you will always be victorious!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!