Monday, November 11, 2013

Forgiveness



He has removed our rebellious acts as far away from us as the East is from the West.
Psalm 103:12

Rebellious acts, I have many.  Some of the sins I have committed in my life have been pretty big.  Some rebellious acts have kept me in an ugly place for a long time.  One, in particular, kept me from growing with God.  I was so ashamed that I allowed it to halt my growth and any chances of having a relationship with Christ.  After 11 years I forgave myself and I was able to accept God's forgiveness.  By the time I had forgiven myself God had already forgotten.  Yes, God forgives us right when we repent and He takes that sin far from us.  This scripture says He takes it as far as the East is from the West!  He separates us from our sin and no longer see's it or remembers it!  Something that is hard for us to even imagine, seeing that we, although willing to forgive, can usually never forget.  God forgets our sin and immediately looks to our future.  We have to stop dwelling on our past rebellion and learn who God really is and understand how He responds to His children who He loves.

The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.  For he understands how weak we are; he knows we are only dust.
Psalm 103:13-14

For 11 years satan not only had me bound by his lies and his accusations but, my limited knowledge of who God really was, kept me from living free.  I was so ashamed of my sin and knew how other christians would view my sin that I automatically assumed God saw me the same way.  I pictured God as a judge but I didn't really understand His compassion and love for me.  I didn't understand that God tolerated my weakness..........that He understood. 

If any of you can relate to this story I want to set you free today!  I want you to know who God is and how He works! God knows our struggles and weaknesses.  He has compassion on us and sees us so differently than anyone in this world.  If there is sin in your life that you have not given over to God or if there is something you aren't forgiving yourself for, view God as the compassionate, loving judge who knows exactly where we come from and understands our iniquities.  Don't waste any more time thinking you're not worthy.  Believe God's word that says He forgives our sins first time asked, He takes our sin and removes it from us, He forgets our sin forever even though He knows who we really are and where we came from.  

For 11 years I was bound by my own choice.  God tried to free me up to do His work and have a relationship with Him.  God's word clearly told me I was free but my ignorance and world view of myself kept me from accepting His forgiveness.  I absolutely do not want that for anyone, ever!  

1 comment:

We would love to hear from you!