Thursday, November 7, 2013

Carried Twice


Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 
 Galatians 6:2


I met with a beautiful friend this morning who has been going through a rough time.  My prayer before our meeting was that God give me the words to encourage and help her get through her hurt.  I so badly wanted to send her off this morning with all the answers she needed to get through her day with a smile on her face and not a worry on her mind.  She may have left just as unsettled as when she arrived.   I don't know if anything I said helped lift her up.  What I do know is that I love her dearly and I hurt every time she hurts and I seek answers just as her problems were my own.  I get weary just like she does and I cry out to God for answers and relief.

 I carry my burdens, including my friends, to the Lord and He hears my prayers!  
Praise be to the Lord, to God our savior, who daily bears our burdens. 
Psalm 68:19

When my friend's burdens become my own they are picked up and carried twice by a Loving God who wants nothing but the best for his children! God we praise you for your unfailing love!  You don't enjoy seeing us hurt and you take our burdens to lighten our load.  You love us so much that you take on all the stress and pain of our everyday so that we can walk a little lighter on our feet!  My human mind envisions a man standing with so much weight on his back he can't stand up straight, but the power of your word tells me different!  God you are amazing and strong and perfect and loving and nothing can weigh you down.  You are able to carry our burdens with such grace and mercy and compassion.  You hold them high in your strong arms and keep them from falling back down on us!  We praise you for your power and strength!  Amen and Amen!!

Who's burdens can you carry today?  Who can you trust to carry yours?         




       


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!