Thursday, November 21, 2013

Read The Bible

All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives.  It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right.  It is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do.   
2 Timothy 3:16-17



I can't tell you enough the importance that devotions have had on my personal relationship with God.  So often they give me such great advice on a specific issue that I am dealing with.  Many devotions have led me to make some very big decisions in my life.  I believe that the words are straight from God written just for me that day.  Likewise, I believe that God gives me the words to type in this blog.  I trust Him every day to teach me and guide me to the exact message that you or someone else may need for a particular day.  Today He hasn't laid anything major on my heart accept for this scripture.  But as I type it I see a very clear message.  This message from Timothy is advising us to get into His word.  That nothing is more important than God's word straight from Him.  His word is there  to guide us, prepare us, comfort us and teach us.  Nothing, not even this blog, can or should replace His word.  

Don't get me wrong.  I want you to continue visiting this blog every day but I also want to remind you of the importance of reading scripture on your own and listening to what God speaks to you straight from the pages of the bible.  











If your bible is falling apart....chances are your life is staying together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!