Tuesday, October 20, 2015

You're No Fun?


1 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.


It seems that lately I've been told, "You're no fun anymore." several times by a few people. I've not let that thought be dismissed because when you hear something multiple times, it may have some truth to it that needs to be evaluated. Today God showed me why they are saying this to me. It's not that I'm no fun anymore, it's that what used to be funny to me has lost its flavor. I used to laugh at jokes that now make me sad. I used to watch things on tv or in movies that now upset my Spirit. To these people, I probably am no fun, but in Christ I am free and having more peace and happiness than ever. Fun looks different now!

When we are in Christ, we are becoming a new creation... we are becoming Christ-like. The old habits and characteristics should be discarded as we learn new truths. If we are not changing, then we really aren't growing in Christ. If those around us don't see a change, then they aren't seeing Christ at work in us. Now fun looks clean and clear. It doesn't come with guilt or shame. It is light hearted. I have fun noticing God's work in the world around me. I have fun laughing at simple joys and even at  myself when I've made a mistake. My speech has changed, my desires have changed, and I pray things continue to change.

Are others noticing a change in you? What are you convicted of that you are unwilling to compromise even when others don't understand?

Dear Lord, 
I am so thankful for the things you are changing in my life. I'm thankful that I don't have to look to an external source to bring me fun and laughter any longer. Thank you for the freedom to be myself; the self you created me to be! Lord continue to bring changes in me as I seek to know your truths. Make me more and more holy, as you are holy!
Amen








No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!