Friday, October 23, 2015

Answer to Prayer

Patient persistence pierces through indifference;
gentle speech breaks down rigid defenses.
Proverbs 25:15 MSG

This scripture was answer to my prayer. As a mom it just gets exhausting trying to keep up with all the arguing and the fits that get thrown around by our children.  We try to set rules and boundaries but there is always at least one child who will try to cross those boundaries and push the rules until they break.  After a few weeks of dealing with one of my children I was ready to let go of my control.  I knew that my way was not working and I was desperate for God to give me His strength and patience.  Now when I asked for that I was expecting a burst of energy to endure the arguments.  I was looking for a day off, a break from the disagreements and the persistent fit throwing.  I wanted an encouraging Word to give me peace and the confidence that I could win this battle.  Yes, God gave me all this but in an entirely different way than I expected.  He didn't just take over and give me a spiritual peace that gave me complete joy and an ability to ignore my surroundings.  He didn't lift me up with an encouraging scripture and remind me of all the times He helped someone struggling in the Bible.  No, God gave me more........He gave me wisdom.  The scripture above spoke to me in a way that only God can.  In my moment of just needing a relaxing break from the world's troubles God gave me guidance and wisdom to continue.  He didn't tell me the problems would be over or that He would give me a spa day to relax and unwind.  Instead, He gave me tools to continue on in my troubles.    

Dear God,
Thank you for speaking to me in my quiet time.  You are real and you hear my cries for help, always willing to guide and direct me.  Forgive me for the times I ignore your help and continue in my own strength.  Give me your wisdom to handle today's struggles.  Prepare me for tomorrow's burdens and keep me grounded in you.  Amen   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!