Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sing-a-long Saturday

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through 
Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 6:23


Today's song is Should've Been Me by Citizen Way. This song speaks right to my heart about what Christ has done for me. My sins are offensive to God. They break his heart, and I deserve punishment for them. But Christ walked to the cross and willing shed his blood to cover my sins. When God looks at me he sees me through the light of Christ's sacrifice, as blameless and beautiful. Why? Who am I to deserve such grace and mercy? When...

It should've been me
It should've been us
Should've been there hanging on a cross.
All of this shave 
All of these scars
Should've been stains that were never washed.
Why do I hide 
Why do you try 
Over and over and over again
I guess it just leaves me saying thank God, thank God
For the should've been

Thank you, Dear Jesus for what you have so graciously done for me. I do not deserve this gift of grace and forgiveness. I deserve punishment for my sins, but you chose to give your life for mine. And for that, Dear Lord, I am eternally grateful. Teach me your ways, Lord, that I may know and love you well. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!