Monday, October 19, 2015

Don't Get Captured!

Dont' let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.
Colossians 2:8

I ran across this scripture the other day and thought of the current state of our country.  At the moment we have several people claiming to have the answers to our nation's problems.  Many men, and even a woman, stand in front of huge crowds proclaiming that they are the next person capable of leading our country.  I couldn't just skim through Colossians and ignore this line.  I wanted to give you all the opportunity to see this in writing and I encourage you to look it up in your own bible.  Keep this close to your heart when you are making decisions on who to vote for and who to support as our next president.  Like Paul, I urge you to be aware of the false teachings and the people who offer their man-made aproaches to solving our country's problems.  Many of them disregard God when making their decisions.  Make sure you are reading the bible and searching answers for yourself.  You need to know God and understand His view on life's situations so that you can make the right decision.  So many people, today, are making their own decisions and taking the credit for saving our country without seeing that the real answer is not what, but who, Jesus Christ.   Make your decsions based on the bible.  Ask the Spirit to guide you when voting and know what God wants for our country. 

I know, in the past, I have not had all the facts when voting.  I am not good at keeping up with current events and I don't pay close attention to the who's and what's of an election.  I took this scripture as a challenge.  For the next year I want to take this election seriously.  I want to know what God wants for our country and I want to choose the person who is seeking answers from God instead of humanity.  I encourage you to join me!  Be intentional, do your research, and ask God to lead you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!