Thursday, October 8, 2015

Join Together in Prayer


They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers. Acts 1:14

My heart has been delighted over the past several months as my family gathers around the table to eat. We've begun holding hands as we pray. It began with our grandchildren and our desire for them to pray and know the Lord. It was awkward at first, especially for our teenager. But it's become the norm now, and as we are all seated, hands just join, and we pray together. Sometimes in unison to a scripted prayer and sometimes lead by one of the individual, but none the less, we are joined together in prayer. 

This weekend we were out in a restaurant and our hands just joined together over the table and my husband lead prayer. At the conclusion of the prayer one of our children said...

          "I feel like we’re that weird family." 

My heart soared as I thought, "Yes, yes, we are that weird family." It's the longing of my heart to be that family that is weird for the Lord. Yes, as Christians I want others to take notice of our unified prayers and honor to our God. I want to live out our faith shamelessly no matter where we are or what others think. 

Oh, I'm not saying we have it all together, or that we are the perfect example, but we are growing! Every step of faith is a delight to our heavenly Father!

Look around at your family’s growth. What do you have to be thankful for today? What opportunities do you see that could enhance your family’s faith journey?

Oh, and just a suggestion to mix things up, our granddaughter loves to 'criss-cross' hands across the table just for fun! :)

Dear Lord, 
We desire to serve and honor you. Help us to be bold and confident in our faith as a family. Lord, let us be “that weird family”, sold out for you! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!