Thursday, October 29, 2015

100 Times In Return!

And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for my sake, will receive a hundered times as much in return and will inherit eternal life.  
Matthew 19:29

Whatever you are going through and you think it's just not fair.......If you are trying to follow God's call on your life but you are hesitant to leave your comfortable job, or home or city, this scripture should be encouragement to march on.  Life isn't easy and God knows that.  We have difficult decisions every day that can have a lasting impact on us, our family and our faith.  Usually the reasons we stray from saying yes to God is because so many times He is asking us to leave behind something or someone we love.  That, my friends, is a tough decision!  Does God want us to be sad the rest of our life missing this person or that home or a really great job?  Absolutely not!!  But He does know that where he is leading is His best choice for us and His Kingdom.  

So often I miss my easy life having just 3 kids and a much less busy life.  I would be lying if I told you I love every minute of being a foster family.  I know it's where God called us over 3 years ago but it's not all fun and perfect.  We give up our space and our time and our comfort to care for those who need a home and this scripture is my reminder to keep going.  God has a perfect plan for our family and the life that we live.  He sees the struggles and He knows the sacrifices.  Some day He will give me the perfect time with just my kids.  Some day he will give us our space back and our sanity :)  Yes, everything we offer to God will be given back 100 times greater!  

Dear friends, keep pursuing the hard things, the things that really matter.  Follow God's call on your life and be willing to get out of your comfortable box to explore the adventures He has waiting for you!  Depend on God to return, in more than full, the sacrifices you make for Him!  When we are obedient He can do the most amazing things in our lives!

Father God,
 Thank you for this promise and the encouragement it gives me to continue pursuing your call on my life.  You are giving me some tough things to think about and taking me away from some people and things that I really love.  Give me the strength to say yes and the confidence to stick to your plan when things get hard.  Always bring me back to this scripture that gives hope and balance to my sacrifices.  Thank you for using me and choosing me to be your vessel.  In Jesus' Name  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!