Friday, October 30, 2015

Awesome Defined


Who among the gods is like you, Lord? Who is like you— majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? Exodus 15:11

Today is a day to  slow down and enjoy the beauty of my creator. I'm tired of the rushing and just long to rest in the presence of God. I sit, cereal in hand, and gaze out the window. And then He joins me for our visit...
I sit at my desk, facing east this morning the sun was still low on the horizon. I see it in the distance a through the woods across the road, It is brilliant orange-red, but yet dull from it's low placement in the sky. I stop to take in the beauty of nature before me. With no buildings to block my view, I see Him, He is here to meet with me. Good morning, God! 
The woods is darker than last week, the brilliant colors now resting on the ground in dark masses. The color has faded, but yet standing are trees strong and resilient. Like my God!
The field of corn, now stubble, have been harvested and the remains remind me of God's provision. Man can plant the seeds, but God waters them and makes them grow!
My closest view is the flowerbed right before my eyes, surrounded by rich green grass. I sit, amazed at the beauty of the rose bushes and the intricacy of the leaves on my shrubs. Details. Diversity.  Even the ornamental grasses have changed and now the flowering feather-like blades dance in the morning breeze inviting me to come and dance with my Lord and King. Yes, God, I will take this moment to dance in your arms!

Just when my heart is overwhelmed with His presence the sun rises above the woods. Moment by moment it inches up into the sky. My eyes begin to squint as the brilliance overpowers the dark of night! I can't stop the smile that creeps across my face! You God, are the definition of Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!