Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Flip Side

As I read yesterday's blog, I had to smile at the way Aimee's children love the movie frozen and just can't stop thinking, singing, and talking about it. I had to agree that when we love something, we just have to share it. I know that since Jesus has touched my heart and brought true healing, I can't help but talk about him. I sing about him. I think about him. I love him, and I just have to share him. It's a beautiful sharing because everything about Jesus is good and right. But I as I was thinking about this, my heart was saddened because I know people who don't want to hear about him because their love is for someone or something else.

Sadly, there is a flip-side. Matthew 6:21 tells us that "Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." That means that if we love money, we will talk about it and think about it. We will share our love of money with others. No, we won't share our money, but we will share our love of it! Know those people who only talk about themselves? Guess where the devotion and love are? If we love a person or activity over God, it is what we will talk about the most. It will consume the biggest part of our thinking and our love for it will just spill out of us. The flip-side is that our love for something can be to our demise.

So, I guess the thing we need to do is ask those around us, "What do I talk about? How do you see me spending my time? Who am I invested in?" Your true loves will be obvious to others because you are sharing it with them whether you realize it or not!

"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." 
Matthew 6:21

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!