Thursday, June 25, 2015

Through Suffering

Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.
2 Corinthians 4:10

Our moments of suffering and difficulty are the times when we can show Jesus in us.  When we hide those sufferings and keep our pain and trials hidden,  no one can see God's ability to bring forth healing and restoration.  When we always pretend that things are okay and try to keep up a picture perfect life then no one will see God working in our life.  It is when we share in Jesus' suffering by admitting our fears and hurts; through our weakness people can see the power of God that gets us through our painful circumstance. When they know we can't stand on our own they will wonder what helps us stand.   From our weak body people around us can see Jesus' body rise and give us hope, strength and the energy to stand tall.  When they know that our bodies are fragile and weak then they will see Jesus holding us together.  Friends, don't be afraid of weakness.  Don't shy away from sharing your pain and struggles.  Instead, embrace them.  Let God show you were you are weak and be glad to share in the sufferings of Christ in order to presence of Jesus in you.

Dear God thank you for being my rock and my source of all hope.  You give me strength when I am weak and you are always faithful to help me.  When I suffer let it be with great hope in you that I can share that suffering with the world.  Give me boldness to admit my weakness and let your light shine when I am tired and unable to go any further.  Let people see Jesus in me.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!