Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Kittens!

Then God commanded, "Let the earth produce all kinds of animal life: domestic and wild, large and small" - and it was done.  So God made them all, and he was pleased with what he saw.
Genesis1:24-25




This is a picture of our cat, Hazel.  We got her about a year ago to help keep the mice out of our garage and away from our house.  Since she came to live with us she has slowly won our hearts and somehow ends up snuggling on our couch as much as she is outside hunting for mice.  She is a sweet girl who loves people and we are happy to have here.  As you can see she is feeding her babies in this picture because I obviously did not get her to the vet in time to have her spayed.  I wasn't so sure about her having babies and what kind of mess that would become but as I watched her yesterday turn from a kitten to a mother I was reminded of the amazing power in God's Spoken Word.  On the sixth day God created all the animals that roam the ground and he did it with just a spoken command.  All the complexity we find in the animals, He was able to bring to life just by speaking!  As I witnessed my cat clean her babies and begin to feed them instantly I was in awe of the instincts she had and I couldn't get over how God made her to be able to handle this with such ease.  I am a mother myself, and I have experienced this miracle of feeling a baby growing inside me, given birth and bonding with my children through nursing.  I'm ashamed to say that if it isn't something we are a part of every day we tend to take it all for granted.  As much as I did not want to deal with the "mess" of baby kittens and a nursing cat, God blessed me with a huge reminder in all the "mess".  He showed me His great power and the control over even the slightest details in all of life.  AND THE DETAIL!.........there is so much detail that we couldn't even imagine, and it in every situation it is ALL taken care of!   So far there is no mess with this birthing process...........I come to find out that mama cat takes care of all that and she has stayed calm through the whole thing.  She still comes out from under the stairs to snuggle and will let us handle her babies without being too protective.  God once again has shown me all He is capable of and I can't stop smiling :)  All that He brought to life and into existence in a short 6 days baffles my mind!  All because He spoke a few words.  Thank you God for speaking me into existence and having all the details of my life taken care of!  Thank you for making me so complex and loving me with a love that is unmatched and impossible to fully grasp!  Amen and Amen!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!