Monday, June 1, 2015

God Isn't Found In Man Made Temples

He is the God who made the world and everything in it.  Since he is Lord of heaven and earth, he doesn't live in man made temples
Acts 17:24


I have made the mistake of searching for God in man made things.  When I was lonely I searched for Him by seeking new friends, when I was scared I tried to find Him by seeking worldly answers.  When I thought I was unloveable I didn't bother seeking Him because I wasn't worthy of His love.  When was hungry I filled up on junk food.  I have sought after God my whole life in places that He would never be found.  I even searched in church by making myself busy helping, and volunteering only to be worn out and left to be lonely all over again.  My problem was that I was searching all things man made and God doesn't live in man made "temples".  

Have you looked in the wrong places searching for God?  Have you tried to fill up on all the wrong things in pursuit of Him?  My suggestion to you is to review where you have looked and if reading the bible is not on your list then pick one up today!  The bible is God's living word and it is our gift directly from Him.  It isn't man made, but God breathed, and it is the only safe place to really find Him and get to know Him.  He can also be found in nature, and the beautiful miracles that He provides us with everyday, but to really get to know Who God is we have to read His Word.  Stop searching in all the wrong places, among all the man made things this world has to offer you, and start seeking God right from His Word.           

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!