Wednesday, June 24, 2015

God's Mighty Power

 


Proclaim the power of God, whose majesty is over Israel, whose power is in the heavens.
You, God, are awesome in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God! Psalm 68:34-35

In a recent trip to Niagra Falls, I stood in awe of our amazing God. We stood at the side of the river and listened to the roar of the water as it crashed over the edge. We literally had to shout at one another as the water roared. It was incredible and made me smile instantly thinking about hearing God's mighty voice and that the sound of this fall was nothing compared to the magnified thunder of his voice! Yet, right next to this mighty fall, tender flowers bloomed and called out to the gentle nature of a loving God.
We proceeded to go down to the base of the falls. Decked out in our yellow ponchos we headed down the path to stand beneath the waterfall. The water was a mist at first, but the closer we got to the base of the fall the more the wind picked up. Not that it was a windy day, but the rush of the water created a forceful, mighty wind. Then we arrived at the base! I stood facing away from the fall and let the freezing cold water crash against my back. I had to brace myself against its force. It pounded against my back threatening to knock me down. I couldn't stop smiling! I was getting just a tiny glimpse of the power of MY GOD! 
Why do I worry? Why do I doubt? My God is mighty. He has already provided me with a path of righteousness though his son's death and resurrection. He has already gone before me and will not leave me abandoned. My God is mighty in power! 

Lord, 
Forgive me for doubting your power. Forgive me for doubting your love and care for me. Help me to never forget this day. Help me to live in a holy fear of you, responding to your call and direction for my life! Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!