Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Promises of God

I began looking in the Bible for God's promises. As I read through these promises, I began thinking how others have made me promises and then left me disappointed. But God is not like man. His promises are true and cannot be broken. If he says it, he means it!

When have you been disappointed? Perhaps it was something small like going to an event that got rained out. Maybe a friend had to change plans at the last minute and left you with nothing to do. Perhaps bigger disappointments have come your way like losing a job that had been promised to you or a family member moving away when they said they'd be there for you forever. Some disappointments leave us radically heart broken like a spouse breaking their marital promise and leaving us for another or the betrayal of a friend who had promised never to leave our side. Sometimes we are disappointed so often that we have a hard time believing that God isn't going to disappoint us like everyone else does. This is when we need to meditate on His promises and allow his words to coat our hearts with their healing balm. Learn to trust him!

Here are a few of God's promises to us:

God will never disappoint us.
"When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." God's Decree." Jeremiah 29:13

God has a plan for our future and for our good.
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

God will supply our needs. 
"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 4:19

No one can take us from God. He also promises eternal life! 
"I will give them eternal life, and they will never perish. And no one will snatch them out of my hand." John 10:28

God will never leave your side!
"I will never leave you nor forsake you." Joshua 1:5b

There are literally thousands of God's promises in the scriptures. Get in there. Dig around and see what he has for you!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!