Tuesday, June 9, 2015

One With God

When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
John 14:20

Picture it.......Jesus is in God, you are in Jesus, and Jesus is in you.  Everyone knows that Jesus and God are one but do we take it further and always recognize that we are one with Jesus and God?  Why, when things get difficult, do we ever worry?  Jesus lives in us!  We can never be alone!  He is in us, we are in him and together we are in God.  Even when things are the worst they could possibly be, we have the upper hand, always. 

Friends, I know you have all heard it before.  We have the same power that Jesus had all those years ago when he could stand up to opposition and have confidence in the power God provided him.  He could speak the truth in love, deny temptations from satan, oppose sins yet love the sinners, endure name calling and lies which all led up to being beaten, spit on and hung on a cross.  Jesus had the power to heal the sick and convince the sinners to follow him.  When we think of Jesus we think of a strong man, a loving man, someone who believed in God and trusted Him for all of his needs.  Jesus was compassion, caring and sharing.  He had best friends just like us, his feet got dirty just like ours and the same power that drove him to the cross and raised him into heaven is the same power that gets us out of our messes.  It is the same power that heals our sick child, changes our spouses heart, makes us stand up to opposition, find a new job, say goodbye to someone we love.  

Claim your power today!  Don't let it sit idle in your heart for one more moment.  Really believe the words written above......words spoken straight from Jesus' mouth........He is in us and we are in Him.  Let the Spirit take control of your life.  Stop worrying and working so hard!  God will never be anywhere but right where you are, so relax and let Him do some of the work.


Dear God, this message is so powerful.  I pray that my friends can see this is part of who they are and that they can claim your power within them.  Help me to stop worrying and trying to fix things and let me rest in this great power that lives within me.  Touch me in a way that will encourage me to continue, everyday, being strong and confident in the power I hold.  In Jesus' Name    amen  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!