Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I Need a Little Help Here!


Earlier this week, my oldest grandson, Brody, crawled up on the barstool to get himself a treat as I visited with a few other women in the kitchen. I had no idea what he was up to until I heard this small soft voice saying, "Awmaw, Awmaw!" (That's Brody's backwards language for Mawmaw- me, the Grandma!) I turned only to realize that this little 2 year old was dangling from the counter by his belly. His foot was searching wildly for the chair that was at one time beneath him. And as any good grandma would do, I raced to... my phone to take a picture! I saw God written all over this moment and knew He would hold him safe enough just for one quick picture! Just a side note: The original look on his face was panic and concern until he saw my phone held in the photo taking position. Then, as any adorable 2 year old would do, he paused to smile for the camera!

Brody went out on his own with no one watching or around to help him. As he tried to reach his treasure, he crawled up onto the counter, and he came back down unable to find the chair. I love that even in his little child heart he had the wisdom to cry out for help! He wasn't too proud to ask or too embarrassed to admit that he had made a mistake. He openly cried out for help and knew he could trust me to be there!

God First Friends started with 2 women having the need for a little help! It is the purpose of this blog ministry to encourage you too to reach out to another friend and support each other as you seek the love and joy of Jesus Christ, our own treasure!

Ecclesiastes 4:9     Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor; If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!