Monday, June 22, 2015

My lover is mine, and I am his.

This past week I had the privilege of spending some time with several couples that I didn't know well or maybe even at all as Jeff and I embarked on a motorcycle trip out east. This trip taught me several lessons about myself, but one in particular that I want to share with you.

In past years I would have gone on a trip and maybe not thought about God at all or possibly thought that maybe I should say something about Him to the others on the trip but not actually do it. But this year was different. In talking to one sweet gal in particular, I felt compelled to tell her about God and how he would help her with changing a situation she had shared with me. I couldn't hold it back, it just came out as naturally as talking about my family. I didn't worry about how she would receive it, I just shared his faithfulness in helping me change things in my own life. We spent much time on the trip talking about God and even shared devotional time together. I was so blessed by my time with her and thankful that God allowed me to be a part of such a sweet sharing.

What I learned is that God is a part of me! I truly abide in him. No more longing for a real relationship with him, no more striving to be who he wants me to be. I now know that I know, that I know, that he is my God and I am his. My thoughts for him all week never changed even though I was in a different setting and my schedule was interrupted. I gave thanks and praised. I lifted others in prayer and shared His love. My devotional time wasn't sacrificed because of the situation around me. And it all came naturally because his Spirit abides in me. Lord, I ask that you always keep my heart close to you!

My lover is mine, and I am his. Song of Solomon 2:16

Dear GFF,
I want you to have an intimate relationship with Christ. I want you to know without a shadow of a doubt that you are his and he is yours! I want you to abide in him as he abides in the Father.
And it all begins with a decision to dig deep into his word. Don't take others' at their word. Get in your Bible and ask God to show his character to you. Ask Jesus to reveal his love and wisdom to you.  Be honest with him, open your heart to his healing and truth. And don't stop till you know that you know that you know He's your God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!