Tuesday, June 23, 2015

God First

But seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matthew 6:33

A God First person does just this, or at least tries.  He or she chooses to seek God first thing in the morning for prayer and to start the day off acknowledging that he or she is not in control.  When something unexpected happens a God First person will go to God's Word for guidance and say a prayer for help.  As the day progresses and things are going well, a God First man or woman will take time to thank God for the blessings in his or her life.  When he or she has a break in the day they might take more time to study God's Word and find ways to apply it to their life.  Putting God first in your life will bring you blessings and wisdom and guidance that only comes from God.  Putting Him first says you trust Him with your whole life and you believe that life without Him is not worth living.  Wanting to know God more and apply His principles and commands to your everyday life is what it takes to be a God First mom, dad, sister, brother, spouse or friend. 

Dear God, I want to live my life God First.  I want to spend every day in your presence seeking you first above the world and living by your Word instead of what the world would suggest.  Help me to be a devoted God First Friend who not only puts you first in my life but encourages others to do the same.  I offer my will to you and ask you to guide me today into your presence, and will for my life.  
In Jesus' Name   Amen    

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!