Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Will you stand in the Gap?





“I looked for someone to stand up for me against all this, to repair the defenses of the city, to take a stand for me and stand in the gap to protect this land so I wouldn’t have to destroy it. I couldn’t find anyone. Not one. So I’ll empty out my wrath on them, burn them to a crisp with my hot anger, serve them with the consequences of all they’ve done. Decree of God, the Master.”   Ezekiel 22:30-31

This week I read this verse in another devotional. I feel God calling me to be a “gap girl.” No, I’m not talking about a girl who works at the Gap selling clothing! I’m talking about a girl who stands in the gap- the space between God’s truth and Man’s compromise. I feel called to stand in a gap that is ever-widening. 

God searched all of Judah looking for someone who would stand up for Him and his Truth. Because no one would stand, God’s wrath came upon Judah resulting in its destruction.

God’s truth has never changed; not even one iota. But man has pushed the limits, altered the truth, created ‘gray’ areas, and radically disobeyed a just God!

Gap girls/guys are willing to stand on the truth. They are willing to take the persecution that comes from doing the Godly thing in a tough situation. Those standing in the gap reach out to the lost, refuse to compromise The Truth, and have a righteous fear of a Holy God. ‘Gappers’ are not afraid to speak the Truth in love. They are persistent, possess Godly confidence, and dedicated to the study of God’s word. 
are 
Are you being called to stand in the gap? Perhaps your marriage is in turmoil. Maybe your children are not walking with the Lord. What evil strongholds are keeping your family from serving the Lord fully? A friend is lost and running from God. Will you stand in the gap so that destruction does not come upon them?

Today I am choosing to be a Gap Girl! How about you?

Dear Lord,
You searched the nation of Judah for one to stand in the gap and none could be found. In my small world, my personal Judah, I choose today to be your gap girl/gap guy! Speak to me this day and from this day forward concerning the truths I need to know in order to speak clearly and stand firm on your Word. In your strength I will stand in the gap for my marriage, children, family, friends, and community as you call me to do.
I love you Lord and desire to live in obedience to your word.

Amen and amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!