Friday, January 17, 2014

God First Friends? Part 2

Yesterday I told you how my night at Bible Study began- exhausted, weak, and weary. But before we look at the last 3 parts of our God First Friend contract, I have to tell you how my night ended. After sharing for over an hour, our spirits began to lift. We were laughing, praising, praying, quoting scripture and telling funny stories. God used my GFF’s to encourage me and realign my focus. They are blessings to me!

Here are the last 3 things that GFF’s promise to do for each other:

I will truthfully, confidently, and boldly share my story as a testimony to God's faithfulness.

I want to see you so I can share some special gift of the Holy Spirit with you. It will make you strong. Both of us need help. I can help make your faith strong and you can do the same for me. We need each other. Romans 1:11-12  (NLV)

I will live my life with a humble heart always remembering that I am a life redeemed, a sinner forgiven only by the grace of God, and a mess made whole. I will not forget my past because it has made me who I am today, but I will joyfully remember it so that I will be humble of heart and not think of myself more highly than I should. Remembering my past will help me see others through eyes of understanding and compassion.

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
          and to walk humbly with your God.  Micah 6:8 (NIV)


I will hold my GFF's accountable to God's truth. I will encourage them to be the best Princesses, wives, mothers, daughters, and friends that they can be. I will rebuke them in love and prayerfully receive their correction. I will praise them with joy and love them with an everlasting love because I am their GFF!

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity. Proverbs 17:17

Whoever rebukes a person will in the end gain favor rather than one who has a flattering tongue. Proverbs 28:23

A man’s friends should love him when his hope is gone.  They should be faithful to him even if he stops showing respect for the Mighty One. Job 6:14 (NIRV)


Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. 2 Corinthians 13:11

Is this the kind of friend you want to be and want to have? Begin praying today for God to bring these people into your life. He will! I know He will because he did it for me when I asked! James 1:2 tells us that we don't have things God wants for us because we ask selfishly or with the wrong motives. Well, asking for a GFF is not selfish. The request is to bring glory to God through the help of a friend. The motive is because you love the Lord God and want to further your walk with him. Now, that is a prayer you can confidently expect to be answered! So, pray and wait expectantly for God to answer!

*You can print a copy of the GFF contract by clicking on the God First Friends Tab at the top of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!