Thursday, January 23, 2014

I Am A Glorious Mess!


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

I AM A GLORIOUS MESS! Has it ever happened to you? You go along in life holding all the seams together on your beautiful life and then Wham! All at once the seam begins to bust. All the ugly from inside starts pouring out. Past hurts and mistakes come to the forefront to be dealt with. Your children make choices that you do not approve of. Your marriage has wrinkles, bumps, and bruises. Satan comes at your family in full force and you meet him face to face at every turn. You look around and wonder how God will be glorified in this mess. 

I’m here to tell you, God loves a mess! Paul wrote, “The Lord said to me, ‘My grace is enough for you, because power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9 

I’ve recently found myself in the messiest of messies! I began to wonder, “How will I ever have a testimony that anyone will believe in when the seams of my life have busted and my life no longer looks nice and neat?” But that’s when I was reminded of the people with whom Jesus spent time... sinners, sick, hurting, lost, and messy people.
He loved them. Really loved them. They in turn built their lives on him and became whole. It was in their mess that they realized their need for a savior. It was there that they were willing to reach up to the One who was reaching out to hold and heal them. Jesus loved them right there, in there mess!

Paul tells us in that the troubles we face are “light and momentary”.  You’re first thought might be, “What? Obviously he doesn’t know my situation!” But he did. Paul knew messy, and he knew pain. But he also knew how to stand on a firm foundation. He built his life on the foundation of Christ, so nothing rocked his world. In light of an eternity with God, Paul is reminding us that the trials of this life are short term. Circumstances don’t define us, they refine us! They allow us to become more like Christ and witness to his goodness. These messies are, if used well, for the glory of our God and King!

Oh! What a glorious mess I’m in! 

Lord,
Today I give you this mess. I stand on your truths that you will use them to refine me, not define me. Despite what the world thinks, I will hold my head high because you are Lord of my mess! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!