Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Searching for Jesus


"Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?"
Luke 2:49



The decorating has begun... a tree of silver and white with snowflakes shimmering in the glow of the white lights, boughs of greenery, and snowmen abound throughout the house. Now, the nativity! It will be the focal point of the living area. 

I began looking for the nativity. You might expect me to bring out a delicate box holding a beautifully ornate nativity, but I was searching the toy box for the Fisher Price nativity! Oh, the Nativity isn't fancy. No sparkles, no ceramics, but wait! No baby Jesus? I found donkeys, lambs, wisemen, and all the pieces except baby Jesus. I searched the tub of play food. I poured out legos and bristle blocks. No Jesus. I just couldn't call it a day until He was found. Finally, he was found. Right in the back of the 4x4 Cozy Coupe. 

As I pulled him out of the truck, I yelled, "I found Jesus!" It made me chuckle as my mother-in-law said, "Yes, we all need to find Jesus."

As I thought about searching for the baby Jesus I was reminded of how Mary and Joseph searched for Jesus, and He was in the temple reading His father's word. I thought of how the wisemen and the shepherds searched for Him at His birth. We too, must search for Jesus.

Jesus doesn't hide from us, but it is our choice to look for him. Jesus doesn't play games. He stands ready to be found. The searching though is our job. To look for him beyond the things of the world. To listen for his voice above the clamoring of voices vying for our attention. To slow down and find him inside the Word of God. Yes, we all need to find Jesus. And as we begin this advent season, I pray you will begin your search to find him for the first time, to find him deeper, to find him faithful. Yes, to find Jesus at your point of need. He's ready and waiting to be found!


Jeremiah 29:13 MSG
"When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." GOD's Decree.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!