Monday, November 30, 2015

Prayer for Wisdom

How can a young person live a clean life?
By carefully reading the map of your Word.
I'm single minded in pursuit of you;
don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.
I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart
so I won't sin myself bankrupt.
Be blessed, God;
train me in your ways of wise living.
I'll transfer to my lips all the counsel that comes from your mouth;
I delight far more in what you tell me about living
than in gathering a pile of riches.
I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you,
I attentively watch how you've done it.
I relish everything you've told me of life,
I won't forget a word of it.
Psalm 119:9-16 MSG

I'm still searching for wisdom and I feel like this psalmist begging for God to show me the way.  I search for His words in devotions, from the mouths of wise counsel, and in my bible studies.  I want to be like Jesus!  I want to be wise and listen to God's voice in my life.  I want to know His thoughts and direction in my circumstances.  But it's not just knowing what He says, no, that's not enough.  Dear God, I need the strength and the courage to do what You say.  I need to be strong in the hard times and trust that you will be my shelter and that you will work all things out for my good because I love You.  I put you first in my mind, I seek your wisdom to help me.  Lord give me the strength to say yes to You in all situations and to follow Your wise counsel.  Make me bold and courageous.  Give me renewed strenght and hope.  God I will trust in You as my life and the lives of many depend on You.  Amen

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!