Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Our First Responder



He feels pity for the weak and needy, and he will rescue them.
Psalm 72:13 NLT

God loves us and all of our imperfections, especially when our hearts are focused on Him.  Yes, we will mess up, doubt, make wrong choices and sin but He knows that!  He feels sorry for our wrong choices, our difficulties and our weaknesses.  He has pity on us and hurts to see us struggle in our mistakes and the mistakes of others.  He even allows us to have weaknesses that are difficult for us and moments of fear and tough decisions but He never leaves us hanging.  He uses those times to help us grow and He is always ready to rescue us when His time is right.  When we go to God with our needs, when we are humbled to ask and cry out in our weakness, He is always faithful to rescue us.  His rescue may not be what we expect but be assured He will always come to our side. 

In any accident or emergency call there is always a first responder close by to arrive at the scene.  God is our first responder.  He is waiting to be called upon.  Waiting for our cries of fear, pain, rejection, loss, weakness, and repentance.  He wants to be the first one we call on and the first one to show up at the scene of our difficulties.  He is ready to rescue those who are willing to trust in Him.


Dear God, in my weakness you make me strong and I love you for it.  Thank you for your promise of rescue and for having pity on me.  You are my Rock, my source of strength and I don't ever want to doubt your ability to save me from myself and my circumstances.  I love you Lord.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!