Wednesday, December 30, 2015

God Lasts

Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying, 
"God has lost track of me.  He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything?  Haven't you been listening?  
God doesn't come and go.  God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
they run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind.
Isaiah 40:27-31 MSG

I gotta admit there have been times when I've felt left behind.  I have had moments where I feel weak and that God is not hearing my cries.  I have considered giving up.  But everytime I do, He is there to remind me of His everlasting faithfulness to me and my needs.  He tells me He loves me, let's me know He is still with me and reconfirms that He is working on my behalf.......every single time.  God is good, dear friends.  He can seem non-existent and slow in a world that prides itself on instant gratification.  Don't give up on your prayers and your needs and dreams!  God is sometimes slow and steady for a reason.  We can't expect our answers to come in our timing if we are trusting Him to be in charge.  We must wait patiently and never give up, never stop praying until our answers come.  That may mean years of saying the same prayer over and over, or it may mean we get what we ask for immediately.  We just never know when, but what we do know is that God will answer us.  Someday, somehow, some way........God will always answer our prayers!  

Dear God, don't let me get too far ahead of You.  I never want to give up and forget that you are with me every single day giving me strength when I am weak, picking me up when I stumble, bringing me back when I get off track.  I love you, Lord.  I thank you for your encouraging words that bring my focus off of my problems and back on to your faithfulness to provide for me and carry me.  Let your Word soak into my mind and heart........brand it on my arm........I am yours and you are mine.   Amen      

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!