Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Without Borders

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my savior

These words are found in the song Oceans (Where My Feet Fall) by Hillsong.  When I hear them I am forced to think of my own faith and whether or not I am willing to be led anywhere God wants to take me.  I think of the things and people I hold dear and I try to imagine being led to a place where I have no control over what happens regarding them.  I like to think my trust is without borders but there is no way to really test that unless I give God control.  Would I shut down the borders of my faith when it comes to my child's health, or my marriage.  If my own health was threatened could I surrender all of my faith and trust in the outcome or would I sound the alarm and close the gate?  Would I take back all my faith when I was tested, or could I keep a loose grip on the doors to my border?  Could I keep walking into a place that alone I could never wander, trusting that God was working on my behalf?  Am I willing to go deeper to a place that is dark, lonely, scary and even painful..........believing that God would make me stronger through it all?  

Trusting God through the little things is a good representation of how we would trust Him in the big things (Luke 16:10).  In the small things, if we shut our borders and don't allow Jesus to lead us and protect us then we will never be willing to trust God with the big things, and our faith can only grow when it is tested.  We have to be willing to walk out deeper than we could take ourselves because naturally who would go farther than they could handle on their own?  No, we must let go of our inhibitions and fears and let God take us where He wants.  We have to strip away the borders of our faith and allow God to take us anywhere that will grow us and result in good for our lives and the Kingdom of believers.  Jesus won't leave us.  He will walk with us the whole journey and He won't let us down.  But so often we decide to walk alone.  We stop trusting God and we start working in our own strength, trusting in the things we can accomplish and in the promises of the world instead of the promises of God.  We worry like crazy, put our mind through anguish and destroy our bodies because we are unwilling to open up the borders to our faith.  

Dear God, help me to be strong in You.  I don't want to fear and I don't want to put limits on what You can do in my life.  I open up my borders to You and give you free reign to lead me to a place of growth, trust and amazing works.  Show up for me as I approach the edge of my borders and take me deeper than I have ever gone before.  Make my faith stronger and help me to share it with others.  
In Jesus' Name   amen     

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!