Monday, September 28, 2015

Lighten Up Your Spirit

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
Ecclesiastes 3:4 (NIV)

It had been a good week, but something was missing. My spirit just seemed stagnant. Not bad or depressed, but just stuck in ‘go’ mode. You know, going on about business, but just doing, not really experiencing.

And then, it happened! I sat in the nail salon and my spirit came alive. The workers at the salon talked feverishly in Vietnamese. Back and forth they bantered, their heads nodding and slapping their knees as they laughed. I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about, but as I watched them and heard them, a small smile crept across my face. Then, before I knew it, I was laughing right along with them. For sure I still had no idea what they talking about, and it could have been me for all I know, but they made me smile.

It was the laughter! It made my spirit fill with delight! 

And then, a night out with great women and Chonda Pierce, a Christian comedian! What laughs we had! It made me smile the most to watch the comedian laugh at her own jokes. Laughter is the best medicine!

As I left the show, I met up with a cousin who said, “My husband brought me here because I’m ‘fun challenged”! I smiled and said, “Oh, that can sure be me too!” 


Do you take life too serious at times or do you find time to laugh? The scripture from Ecclesiastes, reminds us that there is a time for everything, even laughter! Today ask God to lighten your spirit with a little, no… A LOT of laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!