Saturday, September 12, 2015

Sing-a-long Saturday

There are just some things that I can't wait to do! Some are this side of heaven, but have you ever longed for life in your eternal home? I do! I can't wait to sit in Jesus' lap, live and in person! To feel his strength and hear his tender voice of safety and comfort! I can't wait to sit at his feet for years on end just learning about him and relishing his glory. To see the scars for real. The scars that bought my salvation!
One other thing I get excited about is meeting Moses, Paul, and David! I can't wait to sit with Queen Esther and hear her story retold time and again. I want all the details! I want to hear the stories of missionaries who lived their lives fearlessly and boldly. I want to hear the stories of those who found Jesus on their death beds and offered him their lives in exchange for the sins of the past. I want to hear the stories!
This song reminds me that I can also spend my days on the earth seated at the table of the Lord. When I sit in quiet time, read his word, and listen for his voice I find peace, healing, and restoration! Why wait for eternity to enjoy the gifts he so generously offers now!
Chris Tomlin sings  The Table on his newest album Love Ran Red. It calls our mind to think about sitting  at the banquet table with all the saints who have gone before us. He reminds us that at the table we won't worry, we won't hurt, and we will live in perfect peace as we abide in our God!

You can listen to The Table by clicking here Click here to Listen

Dear Lord,
I long for your peace and healing. I relish the moments when you speak directly to my heart. Open my heart to what you offer at your banquet table. Thank you for creating me with a void in my heart that can only be filled by your love. Continue drawing me into your loving presence. Stir my spirit to delight in the thought of eternity at The Table!
Amen and amen

                                                               "The Table"

I will feast at the table of the Lord
I will feast at the table of the Lord
I won’t hunger anymore
At His table [x2]

Come all you weary; come and find
His yoke is easy; His burden light
He is able; He will restore
At the table of the Lord

There is peace at the table of the Lord
There is peace at the table of the Lord
I won’t worry anymore
At His table

There is healing at the table of the Lord
There is healing at the table of the Lord
I won’t suffer anymore
At His table

Come all you weary; come and find
His yoke is easy; His burden light
He is able; He will restore
At the table of the Lord

I know He has a place for me
Oh, what joy will fill my heart
With the saints around the mercy seat of God

Come all you weary; come and find
His yoke is easy; his burden light
He is able; He will restore
At the table of the Lord
At the table of the Lord

I’m invited to the table of the Lord
I’m invited to the table of the Lord
He says, “Come just as you are”
To His table

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!