Thursday, September 10, 2015

Live in Community

“not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:25‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Why does Paul direct us not to give up meeting together? What is to be gained from it? There are multiple reasons to meet with fellow believers with the first being encouragement. I am always encouraged when I meet with my friends. I gain strength for the next leg of my journey. 
    It encourages me when I can share what I'm learning and the wisdom God gives me to share encourages my friends.
     I am encouraged when I hear that I'm not the only one struggling with "stuff".  When life gets hard it's important to hear the reality of life- everyone experiences trials! And God is faithful to his children. 
     Meeting in community also helps us expel the lies that the enemy has told us. True friends aren't afraid to speak the truth in love. They help us see clearly when the fog of the lies rolls in. 
     And best of all, we can share good, clean moments of laughter! Laughter that comes from deep within or hearts. Laughter that makes our hearts burst with delight! 
     So now I challenge you... Have you given up meeting regularly with fellow believers? Do you call upon friends in your time of need or do you struggle through on your own? Perhaps it's time to step out and reconnect with your church or start a small group. Call some fellow believers and meet for a Coke or a coffee. Pray about it, asking God to bring you friends who will build you up and value your friendship. Make a commitment and stick with it! 

Dear Lord, 
In your wisdom you gave Paul the words from today's scripture. You know the benefits of Christian fellowship and the joy that comes from meeting together. You value the strength we gain from one another. Give us the courage to step out and meet with others... For our sake and theirs! 
In your holy and precious name, 
Amen and amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!