Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Say Yes To Help

A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.
1 Corinthians 12:7 NLT

I will be the first to admit that accepting help from others has been difficult for me, especially in the past.  I used to think I had to have it all together and so when someone offered to help me I declined.  I thought to be a strong, responsible, capable mom I had to do everything on my own.  As years past and I became more busy I started understanding the importance of letting others into my messy life.  In fact, God made us for just that, to invite others into our busy schedule, our dirty homes, our tired lives, He has put us all together for a reason.  The Holy Spirit has given us each special gifts to help the people we love, and even those we don't know very well.  However our gift fits into someone's life, we are responsible to use it.  

Paul describes our gifts as organs of a body.  We know that our physical bodies would not function well without a heart or a brain.  We recognize the difficulties that arise when a person is missing a leg or an eye.  God made our body functions to work together to give us the best posibility of a successful life.  Unfortunately some people live with parts missing and without good function of very important organs.  God gives those people special strength and medicinal aid to overcome their disability, but when the body is His church, He never leaves anything out!  We have every gift needed to be successfull as The Body Of Christ.  

But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it.  How strange a body would be if it had only one part!  Yes, there are many parts, but only one body.  They eye can never say to the hand, "I don't need you." The head can't say to the feet, "I don't need you."
1 Corinthians 12:19-21

Most of us already know what our job is and most of us are working daily to help people within the Body, but who of us is accepting help?  Are we, like the leg to the foot, telling someone that their help is not needed?  Are we taking on too much when we could be letting others carry some of our burden?  Who are you saying no to?  What help is too difficult for you to accept?  Search your heart today and remember that you are a part of a very important Body, and just as important as helping, you should be accepting help, and making life easier for yourself, in order to share the special gifts you have with others.  We are the Body!  We work together.  We accept help and we offer help.  Relax, God made us that way!!  Stop saying no to the other parts of the body that want to make your life easier and more enjoyable.  They are a gift from God, and a part of this big, beautiful Body of Christ that we belong to.  

Dear God,
I need help.  I want your help.  Give me strength to let go of control.  Help me to allow the parts of the Body to assist me and make me stronger and more productive in my own work.  Help us all to work together in unity and to grow bigger and stronger every day.  Thank you for making me a part of your Body.  You are an awesome God!  Amen  
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!