Friday, September 18, 2015

Grace for the Humble

But He gives us more and more grace. That is why he says, "God sets Himself against the proud and haughty, but gives grace to the lowly (those who are humble enough to receive it).  James 4:6

Do you long to be filled by the power of God's Holy Spirit? Scripture calls us to humble ourselves and the power of the Spirit will be given to us more and more. So, you ask how do I humble myself? You must make a decision do quit living by your own power and ability. You must learn to ask God to work through you, understanding that without him you are unable to say and do the right things. 
God sets himself against the proud because they are saying they don't need him. A proud heart is unable to receive God's grace. 
Proud says, "I've got this God!"  Humble says, "Lord, do this through me!"

Lord, help me to humble myself before you. Guide me in all I say and do because without you I fail and often create chaos. Train me to live in a right spirit to receive your grace. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!