Saturday, September 5, 2015

Reflection

"As water reflects the face, so someone's life reflects the heart." Proverbs 27:19

Have you ever stood poolside and seen your reflection? It's an accurate depiction of you your face. A reflection of you. But what about your lifestyle? Have you ever thought about what it says about the real you? What it reflects about your heart?
When we are grumpy it's an indication that something is off in our heart. A string of bitter words reflects a bitter root that has taken hold in our spirit. Gossip flowing from our mouth reflects a jealous or selfish heart. The way we spend our money shows where our heart longs to be.
Saturday is a great day for reflection. Think back over your week. What does it say about the true nature of your heart? I know for me, today is going to be a day of reflection so that I can make the changes God desires in my heart.

Dear Lord,
Help me to get an accurate depiction of my heart. Show me where strongholds have taken place and bitter roots are growing. I love you and want to live right before you.
In your holy name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!