Friday, September 4, 2015

As The Deer

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.
Psalm 42:1

I imagine myself as this deer.  Searching for hours, my mouth dry and my legs tired, I come up on a stream that is rushing with fresh, cold water.  I start to run faster in its direction and when I get to it I dive right in.  My thoughts were on nothing but finding this water, keeping my body going until I discovered this fresh stream.  I was driven by my need for water.  

Are you driven by your need for God?  Today are you panting like a thirsty deer who has been walking for hours.  Is your soul tired and weak from the long journey?  Do you rely on God to renew you and fill you up?  Friend, nothing else will quench your thirst better than God's Word.  No one can help you like God can.  He isn't just there for us to brag about with other Christians proclaiming that "He is Good".  He is there for us to really get to know and trust.  He is there for us to pray to and count on in an emergency.  Waiting for us to praise Him on the good days and seek Him on the bad.  He waits!  Are we looking?  Are we running to Him, seeking Him out and longing to be with Him all the days of our lives? 

As a deer pants for streams of water, is your soul panting for God? 

Father God, you are Good!!  Thank you for being so easy to find!  I praise you that I don't have to walk for hours to feel you in my presence and fill up on your fresh living water.  Help me to keep focused on all you are in my life.  Remind me daily that you are all I need.  Like this deer I anticipate seeing you daily and filling up on your encouragement, commands and love.  Thank You God, Amen     

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!