Monday, September 14, 2015

God's Words are Flawless

And the words of the Lord are flawless, 
     like silver purified in the crucible,
     like gold refined seven times.
Psalm 12:6



Do you ever have an easy time telling others God's truths but applying them to yourself is so much harder? Do you struggle with doubt or fear? I do, but God is showing me that these feelings have no foundation!

"Lord, remove my doubt. Make my mind and heart steadfast against the lies of the enemy." This has been my earnest prayer as of late. Doubt, my greatest stronghold must be overcome. As I read Psalm 12, this verse captured my heart and caused me to do a little research. Here's what I've found...

Metals like gold and silver are put through a refining process in which they are placed in a fire of extreme heat. The dross, or unwanted material within the metal, is burned up as ashes and blown from the shiny, purified metal. Thus leaving a perfectly pure metal that is much better than the original material. The remaining metal is pure, or true.

This passage leads me to 2 conclusions about God's word. His word has been put through the test of fires and trials time and again. Through the trials of the Holocaust, God's word stood strong. Throughout the trials of Paul, David, and Moses, the Word of the Lord was proven flawless and pure.  Over the course of history God's word has been proven true, no matter how hot the heat of evil is turned up, God's word leaves no dross behind in the fire!

Also, my doubt has no substance to it; it is dross. If God has said it, it is true and pure. I need not doubt! It is a lie from the enemy, and when I feel it coming on, I have to envision the fire burning up the ugly lies. When God says I'm forgiven then I'm forgiven. The little voice telling me "You've gone too far this time. You've been given enough chances" is a lie that can't stand against the fire of God's word that says, "If we confess our sin, he is faithful and just to forgive our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)  The enemies words are left as dross from the heat of God's word as I read His promises. 

The more we read and apply God's truths the more we are refined in the process as well. When we face doubt we need to place ourselves in the fire of his word, reading scripture and exposing the lies of the enemy. God's word is a consuming fire, as we are being refined to be more holy and reflect more of his image, his truths leave the dross of the enemy to be blown away like ashes! 

Lord,
Help me to use your word to expose the lies of the enemy. Help me overcome the "things" that have me bound by reading your word. Allow my heart to receive your pure and true word. Prove yourself time and again in the trials of my life!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!