Saturday, August 29, 2015

Sing Along Saturday

I was fighting an ugly, dark feeling the other day. Angered by choices made by others and myself. Saddened by consequences. All of which were the result of lies that the enemy of ours souls had told. My heart was heavy and weariness beckoned at my door. Just then I heard a song playing on the radio that I hadn't heard before, so I began to listen carefully to the words. They were exactly what I needed to hear! The words reminded me that sadness and focusing on the loss only takes me away from my Father's heart. I needed to be reminded that the only power satan has is what I allow him to have because God has already won the victory. The enemy can hurt me, but he can't hold, me down!

The song is entitled, "Can't Hold Me Down" by All Things New. Read through the lyrics and then give it a listen. Click here to hear "Can't Hold Me Down!"      God is bigger. God is stronger. God has the final say!

Get off me devil
Don’t need your trouble
I know you come like a thief in the night
I’ve got the Good News
And I’m here to tell you
No you’re never gonna win this fight
My God is undefeated
Love has won my freedom
You can’t hold me down
You’ll never steal my joy, No
The grave has been destroyed
You can’t hold me down
Oh yeah, na na na na na
Get under my feet
Your lies are so weak
No I’m never gonna run and hide
Dressed in the armor
Of God my Father
And He’s fighting for His child
Through many dangers, toils, and snares
I have already come;
‘Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
And Grace will lead me home

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!