Thursday, August 13, 2015

Above All

The one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Recently I fell victim to an attack from the enemy. It was an attack that was greater than any I've ever experienced. It caught me off guard and threatened to take me under. I am still reeling from the blows of his evil and his deception.

Questions about the attack threaten to take over my mind and heart... Why did this happen? Who am I really in Christ? Where do I go from here? Was I wrong in what I believed to be my calling, my purpose? How do I even find the closeness with God that I had before this evil came at me?

However, in talking with my GFF's I'm seeing that the enemy attacks when we are active for the Lord. He responds out of fear. He fears the outcome of our following the Lord and the eternal effect that it will have on us and those around us. The enemy of our soul wants us to wander and question God. He wants us to remain ineffective.

I can have a little sass to me at times. I'm praying that sass is used to fuel me on to love and good deeds, to come back fighting! I refuse to let the enemy take another day from me, another moment from my life. He may have knocked me down, but I won't stay down. Why? Because Jesus is in me! He's fighting the fight for me! He already won my salvation, and now he is fighting for me to win the battles I face here on the earth. The daily fight for my joy and peace. The enemy is strong, but God is greater than he!

Friends, the enemy cannot keep us from God. God is greater. God is stronger. God is already the victor! Our job is to continually seek and abide in the Lord. We are to cling to his promises and call to his name when the storms of life threaten to take us under! Attacks on us are confirmation that we are moving in the right direction!

Lord,
Help me to abide in you. Keep me alert and focused on you! Give me a heart of praise, a will to seek you, and the ability to impact others for your kingdom. God you are greater. You are stronger than anything I will ever face. Teach me to walk with you as you prepare the way before me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!