Friday, August 7, 2015

No Regrets!

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

The longer I walk with God, the more I am aware of the tactics of the enemy. Among many, he uses doubt, discouragement, distractions, disillusionment, devastation, and fear to keep us down. All of these are lies! So we must focus on the truth, and often to know the truth we need the help of another Christian. We become blinded by the lies and need someone to look at our situation from the outside. Who is your friend that gives you a clear perspective?

My GFF's keep me thinking clearly! Currently the enemy wants me to regret my past, trying to make me buy into the "what ifs". But 'what ifs' aren't from God. As I shared my regrets with my GFF's the other night they all shook their heads as I spoke. They were telling me these weren't thoughts that God was giving me or that even line up to God's character. Yes, I've made mistakes. Yes, I've compromised myself and my beliefs. Yes, I've even compromised the word of God. But the truth is, we all have. Even the most faithful of Christians. And the truth is, God's love covers it all. 

Over 2 thousand years ago, on a cross, my sins were forgiven- erased and consumed! Every day is a new day with our God. Every morning I wake, it is a chance to live differently. A chance to speak with Godly confidence and boldness. A chance to accept His love and love with His love. Oh, how great is God's love that he gives us multiple chances. How great is His love that his patience never fails!

Live today with no regrets!

Dear Lord,
Thank you once again for friends who hold me accountable to truth. It is my prayer that each of the readers today will seek a friend who does the same. Lord, the lies are subtle and can entangle us for too long. Give us friends that will help us find our way to truth quickly so that we can carry on in your joy and love.
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!