Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Do Your Creative Best!

Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that.  Don't be impressed with yourself.  Don't compare yourself with others.  Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can do with your own life.
- Galations 6:4-5 Msg -

Why do we get so caught up in what others are doing?  I am constantly telling my children to worry about themselves when it comes to getting their work done and making choices.  The impact we have on eternity lies in our ability to explore our own life and find what it is that God calls us to do.  Usually this is something we do well and a passion we hold dear to our hearts.  It is a talent that not all people possess and something that others may recognize in us.  We then must take that gift and cultivate it, improve on it, care for it, prepare for it and grow it.  It isn't always God's job to do all the work.  He wants us to take what we know and use our creativity to follow through with His plans for us.  The bible isn't going to show me exactly how to use my gifts of writing and encouragement.  It is up to me to explore my options, what I have time for and what fits into my lifestyle.  It is my responsibility to take my gifts and do the creative best that I can do with my own life.  I am not to be worried about others and what their gifts are.  It's not my responsibility to make sure everyone is doing what I'm doing or to compare my work to the works of others.  

So what is it you have been gifted?  Search yourself........What are you passionate about?  What are you good at?  What is that one thing, job, interest that God just won't let you put aside?  Take that interest and your passion and sink yourself into creating ways to use that gift for God.  Don't worry about what others think, or about what others are doing with their gifts.  For once, think of yourself and the ministry God has called you to.  My dear God First Friend, you have been called to live in freedom.  But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature.  Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love (Galatians 5:13)  So start exploring your talents and the many ways you can serve God's children in love.  What ever your gift, you have a great and important responsibility to reach people and share God's amazing love and mercy.  Get those creative juices flowing and possibilities are endless!

Dear God, you love me and gave me special gifts to use in furthering your Kingdom.  Yes, you could do all the work yourself just by performing miracles and loving people the way you do, but instead you include me in your work.  There are desires that you have laid on my heart, help me to discover those and give me creativity in finding ways to serve others.  As I take my step of faith I know that you are right beside me with your big hand on my steering wheel. 
Amen and amen!     

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!