Saturday, February 20, 2016

Sing Along Saturday

We believe your love is the strongest way
You're tearing down walls and You break our chains
Even in this darkness hope will rise again
When we lay down our weapons we will let love win
Lord we lay down our weapons and we let love win


Powerful words that speak right to my heart as I prepare this Saturday blog for you.  My intentions were to post this song, say a little about it and move on but God had a different idea.  As I listened to the lyrics and let them move me God showed me, once again, that I am fighting a battle with human perspective and human weapons.  Although my fight isn't with a person and my love for others isn't affected, like this song would suggest, my fight is against God's work.  I need to lay down my weapons and let God's love for me take over and win.  I try to find answers and worry about feelings and outcomes when all God ever wanted me to do from the beginning of my journey is to let Him fight for me.  I don't need to work so hard at having a good day or finding new medicine or excuses for the way I feel.  I just need to let love swallow me up and fight for me.  Love wins, friend!  God's love for us will step in and fight any battle we face and His ways will bring victory and solve the most difficult problems!  Praise God for his patience with me, for tearing down walls, breaking chains and being our personal body guard!  No matter what battle you're in, let this song lead your decisions on what to do and how to handle it.  Amen and amen!  




  



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!