Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Get Out of the Pit

I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me out of a horrible pit.... and set my feet upon a rock. Psalm 40:1-2

When I imagine "A horrible pit" I can almost feel the dark and dank around me. I shudder at the lonely and frightening sensation of the pit. I can feel the cold of the deep and the hopelessness of a soon to be rescue. If you've experienced depression, you know what this pit feels like. Perhaps someone or something threw you into a pit. Perhaps your own choices caused you to fall into this dark place. Or maybe your chemical balance is off leaving you confused and sorrowful. Whatever the cause, God did not create you to live in this pit. He created you to thrive and enjoy the life you have been given in Him. 

Pits are designed by the enemy of our souls. Depression keeps our minds focused on the past and the painful memories. Depression steals our hope. When you battle depression satan wants to keep you hopeless and downcast. 

In this Psalm, David cries out to the Lord for rescue from his pit. God hears and pulls him from the pit of sadness and sorrow. So, if you find yourself in 'a horrible pit' cry out to the One who can and will rescue you! Then, wait with expectation as He delivers you. Deliverance may not come in an instant, but know that God will deliver you! See a doctor and counselor as you wait on the Lord to do his part. He is faithful! He will deliver you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!