Monday, February 15, 2016

Is It All Really Worth It?

I felt weary from the battle that has gone on for so long. I felt tired and beaten down. I have drawn nearer to God and allowed Him to make changes in me, yet I'm wondering if those around me see and long to know Him. I found my momentarily weary heart asking, "Is this all really worth it?" Then I read a familiar scripture that touched my heart like it hadn't before. I read Hebrews 12:2 and God spoke to me in my weariness. It says, "fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Jesus came to this earth as a baby. As God, in human form he entered this world. Jesus came to this earth to die for us. He came out of obedience. He came out of love. He came to love, heal, and lead us to the Father by giving us an example to follow. He knew that it would be painful, and he would be cast aside by many. He knew that he would be mocked, beaten, and crucified. He knew that his friends and family would betray him.  So why did he do it? Why did he choose to endure all of this?

Because He knew the end of the story. This passage of scripture tells us that He knew 'the joy set before him'.  He endured all of this because he knew that in the end he would take his seat in the best seat in "the house". He would be seated at the right hand of God!

I too, know the story. I know that Jesus' death and resurrection has made heaven a reality for me! Yet, in my weariness, I allowed my eyes to lock in on my circumstance and lose focus of Jesus. Proverbs 4:25 cautions us of just that, "Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you." 

Now, GFF, I must ask you? Are you facing persecution for your faith? Are family and friends questioning your newfound hope and joy?Are you momentarily weary in the battle?  If you are, keep going! Don't give up when it gets hard. REMEMBER because of Christ, we will be seated before the throne of God one day. He will delight in us as we delight at being in his presence. So fix your eyes on the one who gave His all so you can look forward to the joy that is set before you! You also know the end of the story, so rejoice in the trials because you have a great inheritance awaiting you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!