Friday, February 5, 2016

Blessed Are Those


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.  
They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water.  Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought.  Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.
Jeremiah 17:7-8 NLT

I love the description found in this scripture.  I want this life where I am so grounded in my faith that I am untouched by the things that threaten me daily.  When I say untouched it's not that I mean nothing bad will happen.  No, I am certain bad will come, but when it does I don't want it to move me too far to the right or left.  I may get knocked around a bit but I don't want to be bothered by it.  My circumstances in life won't have the power to scare me off course or stop me from producing fruit.  

Blessed are those who are like this tree!  Peace will fill their days and God's work can continue through any situation.  If you haven't already, make this scripture yours!  Believe in the power of God and trust that you can do anything with Him.  Trust in the Lord and make Him your hope and confidence!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!