Monday, July 20, 2015

Time For A Spa Day!


To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair.  In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory.
Isaiah 61:3

It is time to hand over those dirty, smelly ashes and claim the beauty that God has for each and every one of us.  Grab your bible and head to His Word for a spa day!  Friend, you can't keep carrying those ashes everywhere you go, thinking of your past mistakes and the ugly person you may have been.  Today is the day you will hand over those thoughts, sweep up those ashes, and throw them deep into the trash.  Don't look back, don't go digging them up........just leave them there for good!  God promises to make beauty from our past, if we are willing to let Him.  When we head to the spa do we want to come home looking ugly, feeling tired and yucky about ourselves?  Heck no!  A spa day is for renewal and rejuvenation!  There we will let someone pamper us, helping us look and feel our best.  So dig in to your Bible, allow God to do the same with His word.  Read his promises of renewal and love.  Let God pamper you with His kind words and amazing grace!  Walk away feeling refreshed and beautiful claiming Whose you are.  Don't look back at your past but schedule your next visit to go deeper with Jesus Christ.  Make the Spa part of your daily routine and feel beautiful everyday!  

Dear God, thank you for your promise of beauty from ashes.  Thank you for loving me so much you would give me many chances at renewal, and have so much patience with me.  I want to follow your ways and I want to be beautiful again!  As I go to your word speak to me in ways that move me.  Show me the things I need to work on and reveal to me the great promises that you have for me.  Help me to manage my time so I can fit a spa day into my routine daily.  In Jesus' Name    amen
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!