Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Show Me Who I Am

But Moses protested to God, "Who am I to appear before Pharaoh?  Who am I to lead the people out of Egypt?"
Exodus 3:11

I have a lot on my mind today and I am sorting through many things.  I am seeing God work in amazing ways, though, and I am encouraged in my faith to keep going forward on my journey to know Him intimately.  So many times in my walk I have asked God who I am.......who he wants me to be and today is no different.  I ask Him, who am I to head up a ministry for women,  who am I to write a blog or encourage a friend in her faith, who am I?  Like Moses, I sometimes doubt the strength of God in me, and I forget that all the good I do comes from Him.  I need His reassurance that I am on the right track, or that I have what it takes to accomplish His plan for my life.  There are days I am willing and excited to take on a specific role, and then there are days I am scared to death to move forward.  I can see an unknown future ahead and I get scared of what is to come, I question my worth, my identity and my ability to follow through........today is one of those days.  Chances are, some of you are having a day like mine, and I want to encourage you that you are not alone.  You are not the only person scared of the future God has planned for you.  You are not the only person wondering how this mess you are in can ever come out good.  You are not the only person questioning your identity and doubting your abilities to carry on such a huge mission.......raising young children to know the Lord, caring for an elderly parent, quitting your comfortable job, moving to another state or country.......place your fears here________________.  It is okay to question who you are as long as it takes you deeper into trusting God and finding your identity lies in Him alone.  God is many things, He takes on many roles for all people and He lives within our hearts!  Through Him we have the power to be amazing and do amazing things!  As I question how I will ever deal with what is on my plate, I will always find my way back to Him and know that all I am lies in who He is.

Dear God, you gave me more than I can handle this morning and I need time to sort it all out.  I don't want to doubt the strength you give me and who I am in You, but sometimes Your great power and magnitude scare me.  I want to hand over my fears, once more, and find who I am in you alone.  Show me that I am smart enough, pretty enough, strong enough, patient enough, only enough, and ready for this next journey.  Give me your peace and courage to continue moving forward.  Amen     

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!