Monday, July 13, 2015

God Our Partner

God keeps an eye on his friends, his ears pick up every moan and every groan.
Psalm 34:15

It is usually easy to read when a friend is in distress.  We can see it in their eyes, or in the way they talk, that something is bothering them.  If the friendship is close enough we may even be asked to help them through a difficult situation.  When we see our friends hurting it is only natural to want to help them feel better.  We want to fix their hurt and make sure the next time we see them, their smile has returned.  But what if those feelings are masked?  What if we haven't seen the friend in a few days and he has hidden his true feelings and thoughts?  What if the hurt is so deep that we can't see it, it has never been exposed?  

We can trust God with our friends at all times.  God is our constant guard.   He knows everything about His children and the pain that they carry deep within them.  He knows every distress signal and every warning sign.  He picks up on every moan and groan!  I am encouraged today knowing that some things aren't for my fixing.  That some things are meant to be only seen by God.  I can't take away all the pain and hurt my friend's experience but I can trust that God will.  Knowing He is watching when I can't, or providing when I am far away gives me peace.  I will never stop keeping a close watch on my friends, but I am at peace knowing that I have a partnership with God in my friendships.  I know He is watching over my friends way better than I could ever do on my own.

Dear God, thank you for being my partner when it comes to watching over the people I love dearly.  When I can't be with a friend, you are there watching her every move.  When things are hidden from me, they are always revealed to you.  I can rest knowing that you are in control of every person I hold dear to my heart and you have a plan to help them and take care of them.  I give you my life and the people in it, Lord.  In Jesus' Name.......Amen   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!