Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Get Over It!

Some days are just hard! I don't understand it, and often I don't want to relive them. But, some days in life are just so difficult! I've had a few of those recently. They were the kind of days that leave your mind reeling, your understanding now perplexed, and the path you thought you were on is now a bit jaded and obscure. These days are not just frustrating, but scary.

But on these days we can't give up or give in! We can't skirt life's trials! We have to get over them! And often the way to get over them is to plow head down straight through them.

Wise King Solomon tells us, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding: in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Even when we don't understand, even when the rug is pulled out from under our feet and the trials of life hit us so hard we cannot stand, we must choose to look up and see HIs face. God knows what is going on, and where he is leading us. He will never take us to a place that separates us from him, but he will allow us to go to places that challenge our faith, increase our courage and allow us to build our character. It's in the challenges and uncertainties that we find him at his greatest!

Whatever you face today, trust that it is Father filtered. No, He doesn't cause you harm. If you are harmed that's not from God. That comes from the evil in the world, but he does allow you to experience things that will afford you the opportunity to reach out to find him at deeper and deeper levels! So whatever you face today, look up, take his hand, and allow Him to walk you through it!

Dear Lord-
I’m feeling terrible—I couldn’t feel worse! Get me on my feet again. You promised, remember? When I told my story, you responded; train me well in your deep wisdom. Help me understand these things inside and out so I can ponder your miracle-wonders. My sad life’s dilapidated, a falling-down barn; build me up again by your Word. Barricade the road that goes Nowhere; grace me with your clear revelation. I choose the true road to Somewhere, I post your road signs at every curve and corner. I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me; God, don’t let me down! I’ll run the course you lay out for me if you’ll just show me how.    Psalm 119:30 MSG
Amen and Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!